PSI NIBPS public lectures
In 2012 the Psychological Society of Ireland (PSI) and Northern Ireland Branch of the British Psychological Society (NIBPS) came together to offer a number of public lectures at various venues around Ireland. This initiative has carried on and now the societies plan to offer public lectures for the foreseeable future.
A list of lectures that have taken place is available below with lecture presentations being available to download either by clicking on the relevant link or in the Downloads section on the left of this page.
Lectures to date have included:
- 6th June 2012, Imagination in action: Mental practice and skilled performance in sport and surgery, Trinity College Dublin. Click here for Prof. Aidan Moran's presentation;
- 10th October 2012, World Mental Health Day, University of Limerick. Click here for Prof. Orla Muldoon's presentation, click here for Dr Patrick Ryan's presentation, and click here for Mike Watts' presentation;
- 8th November 2012, Think about it: How to use Psychology to improve sporting performance, PSI Conference, Cork. Click here for Dr John Kremer's presentation;
- 6th March 2013, Teaching Thinking: Learning how to think, NUI Galway. Click here for Prof. Carol McGuinness' presentation;
- 25th April 2013, Happy Nation? Ah, go on, go on, go on....., NIBPS Conference, Enniskillen. Click here for Prof Mac MacLachlan's presentation.
- 6th November 2013, 'Traditional and Cyber-bullying in Children and Adolescents', PSI Annual Conference in the Radisson Hotel, Rosses Point. Click here for Dr Irene Connolly's presentation.
- 28th February 2014, The DSM: A development towards a clinical impasse, DBS Click here for Dr Rik Loose's presentation.